GUIDELINES FOR TUITION ASSISTANCE
- Only registered parishioners of St. Catherine Parish may apply for Tuition Assistance.
- Any assistance would be contingent on available funds.
- The school Administration will administer disbursement of funds and will respond (based upon recommendations from the Pastor and/or School Administrator) to requests according to the following:
- meaningful participation in school / parish
- family income; to provide as many students, from all social-economic backgrounds, the opportunity to enroll in St. Catherine Catholic School
- hardship circumstances; to alleviate unforeseen, hardship situations which are totally beyond the control of the parents and which financially threaten the continued enrollment of their child.
- In the case of a hardship circumstance, repayment of the funds granted will be encouraged. Applicants are encouraged to repay the amount at a future time when the personal hardship is resolved.
- Tuition Assistance is granted for one school year only with no implication that assistance will be automatic for future years.
- In all cases that qualify, the amount of assistance awarded will always be for a portion of the student’s total tuition, varying according to individual need and funds available. (Student registration fees will not be covered in Tuition Assistance.)
The California Schools in the Diocese of San Jose, mindful of their mission to be witnesses to the love of Christ for all, admit students of any race, color, and national and/or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the schools. The Catholic Schools in the Diocese of San Jose do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and/or ethnic origin, age, sex or disability in administration of educational policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other school-administered programs